Friday 24 January 2014

Passion

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world"

Passion. That is what I hope I have. I think people without passion are the ones that get lost. To have something you believe in and enjoy so strongly is what keeps you alive. Whether it be passion for a hobby, a career, or a person. Passion is what gets people up in the morning and makes people do the most extraordinary things and I think it is something everyone needs to find.

Now, I know that is a little bit deep for a first blog of the new year but I know everyone this time of year gets all thoughtful and wanting to change. I don't think that is always necessary. The people who loved you on 31st December will still love you on 1st January. However, if you do want to do something to change your life in 2014, find your passion. Oh, and help old people/pregnant women/disabled upstairs with their bags!

So, I suppose that's one type of passion. The other, probably isn't appropriate for me to discuss in depth but I think you can all guess what it is... Now, every year thousands (probably millions) of couples celebrate this passion and more importantly (I hope!) love that comes with it. Yes, I am talking about Valentines Day.




Now, I have mixed feelings about this day. I personally think that you (as a couple - men AND women) should show how much you appreciate your partner 365 days a year. HOWEVER any proof that love exists in our sometimes troubled world is never a bad thing. So Valentines Day gets my approval for the sole reason that it cements my belief that no matter WHAT happens in the world, love for other people still always comes through.


So this year I am without a date on Valentines Day so I propose the following:

I will auction myself for a date on Valentines Day

The Auction will commence at 9am on 1st February and will run for 10 days.

Now, I know that I might not be enough for you to bid so I am throwing in a meal on me at a lovely restaurant (Rated as one of the top 10 in London) as well. So even if you decide after meeting me that I am horrific and it was a terrible idea, at least you will get a free meal! :)




Of course, this is all part of my ridiculous challenges and events to raise money for the Autism Trust. They are continuously supporting young adults with Autism and support to families affected by the spectrum disorder.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAutismTrust?fref=ts

100% of the money raised will go to The Autism Trust.

Now, I suppose I should probably give you all a reason to want to go on a date with me... So I have created a bit of a dating profile-esque intro to myself and for your delight I have included some quotes from friends and family ;)

Name: Hope Anscomb
Age: 24
Height: 5ft8
Hair: Brown and out of control
Eyes: Blue
Job: Office Manager
Interests: Puppies, holidays, gym, shoes in that order


'Want fun? Date Hope! It's a no brainer really. This girl will guarantee the lucky buyer an evening of shameless entertainment. Whether it's laughing at her ridiculous sense of humour (which does come without a filter), cutting some Beyonce-inspired shapes on the dance floor or enjoying the simple delights of some good old fashioned conversational merriment, you are in for a night to remember. Hope is a comical character with a genuinely lovely spirit; take it from her wife!' - Kelsey Leavens, Flatmate 


"These are a few of the reasons I would go on a date with my friend Hope... she is beautiful with curly bouncy hair and an ass that won’t quit. She is easy to talk to, easy to laugh with and has funny stories that will keep you entertained and even without her glasses on, Hope can spot puppies from miles away. Remember that money raised from this date is going to a wonderful cause and know that time spent with Hope, is time (and money) well spent." - Jen Nash, Partner-in-crime



Decided you want to bid? GREAT! the auction starts on 1st 

February 2014 here...







No comments:

Post a Comment